Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Night With Herman Cain and Why He Isn't Finished Yet

Editorial by John Ziegler

This is what you may call a contrary view of the Herman Cain candidacy. I like to look at other viewpoints, so I thought I'd look at this one. It turns out that his opinions about Sarah Palin are well informed, and coincide with what I had formed on my own.

excerpts:
  • To be fair, he was an absolutely hilarious and fantastic speaker. But to say his words were wafer thin for a leading presidential contender would be an insult to the width of wafers.
  • I reminded him that many of the voters who will determine the winner of the next election don’t know who he is yet and warned him they will be educated by a media more than able to destroy him like they did Sarah Palin.
  • It was very clear to me that what I witnessed was strong evidence that while he would need a miracle to win the nomination and absolutely would get crushed in a general election, that Herman Cain is not going to fade away immediately. 
  • In short, only those who have already drunk the Kool Aid are going to believe Cain’s story, but those who have, probably will. [ comment:  I can assure anybody who is interested that I don't drink anybody's Kool Aid, including Cain's.]
  • I continue to point out that the conservative media has a profound financial/ratings self interest to prop Cain’s candidacy up and that they have been incredible soft on him to date.
  • his supporters don’t seem to care that he is at best a fraud [ comment:  That is a very harsh statement that needs to be backed up.  He doesn't do that here.]
  • The whole thing is beyond depressing and makes me further question the entire movement. What is most wretched personally is that I am quite sure that, just like with Sarah Palin, I will be further unfairly attacked for simply pointing out the obvious truth about a presidential contender whose nomination would certainly lead to four more years of President Obama.
If he knows something about Cain, he should start talking now.  There's not much time before the primaries begin.

With respect to Palin, I read his piece about that.  To be honest about, I didn't know who the guy was.  He is well known enough to be considered Palin's press secretary. ( his words).

To finish the post, I include a video in which he interviews Palin shortly after the election in 2008.

No comments: