Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Attention Whores

Strong words, I know.  I watched the Cain presser last night.  My impression is that if these were reasonable times, the matter would have been laid to rest.  But no.  It returned again this morning and this other accuser wants to talk.  Now everybody is out there sweating what this woman might say that will give it all more credibility.

Bullshit!  This lady had her opportunity and agreed to settle out of court.  The matter should be OVER. Evidently, her case was so weak that she couldn't get more done at that time.  That's how I see it.  If she really had something at the time, it would have been worse for Cain.

One thing that caught my eye was Charles Johnson at Little Green Footballs.  He used to be more of a right wing blogger, but he went pinko.  Anyway, Johnson makes a lot of comments on a blog post which I took as an attempt to get attention.  So he succeeded!  I went over to his blog and there were hundreds of comments there.  Just goes to show you.  The whole thing is political and anybody writing about, including those who I respected more in the past, are now writing about it.  I believe that they are only writing about it in order to get the attention.  Just as Johnson did.  Nothing but a bunch of attention whoring.

The reason I'm writing about it is that I'm interested.  I'm sincerely interested in seeing how Cain handles this. I think he did fine.  It is the others in the Republican party that I'm not too happy about at the moment.  In particular, some of the bloggers who should know better.

This reminds me of something that Robert Ringer once said about liberals.  He said they've been winning through intimidation for years now.  The Republicans are being intimidated, plain and simple.  A sexual harassment complaint is just another way to intimidate.  Especially in this sense, since the matter can't make it to a courtroom because it is well beyond the statute of limitations.  Given the way the liberals act, they'd love to change that.  The rule of law means nothing anymore.

Ringer liked to talk about the "law of the jungle" too.  He said that if you lose your case in the jungle, you've lost it period.  Republicans need to "man up".  Stop acting like a bunch of wimps.  The law of the jungle doesn't respect weaklings.

No comments: