Sunday, August 27, 2023

Not to stir up alarm, but...



The world could be close to a world war. Why would anyone doubt that?

Things could be set in motion that may be impossible to stop. The last few days, I've been reading about the days leading up to the war with Japan during War War II. There were a lot of warnings out there, but the warnings were not heeded.

If war does come, better be on the side of a higher power. Those who deny any such thing might want to reconsider. Indeed, it has been said that there are no atheists in foxholes. One's imminent death has a way of concentrating attention. It takes a lot to live, but not that much to die.

It has been said that a war may begin with a terrorist attack. There was one on September 11th, 2001. Nobody saw that one coming, either. I recall hearing that that attack was worse than the one on Pearl Harbor. This was from a Pearl Harbor vet, if memory serves.

The dashboard idiot lights are blinking red, in my opinion. Ignoring them is not a good idea. Not with cars, nor with the signs of the times.

America's track record in these types of events hasn't been the best. We got caught napping at Pearl Harbor and on September 11th. This time, there won't be any excuse. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, then there must be a death wish.

Back before September 11th, I sensed that there was "something in the air". Nothing definite that I could put my finger on, but I could swear that something could be about to happen again. Can't put my finger on it, but people seem to be acting like nothing like this could ever happen again.

Sometimes, you get people who just won't learn.



No comments: