Monday, October 5, 2020

Information: Reliable or not?

 It has gotten to the point where I just don't trust what I read anymore.  That could include people on the side that I consider myself on.  ( whatever that is )

Yes, you have to choose sides.  Somebody is more right than the other.  But who, exactly?

You hear how the media is going nuts over the early release of Trump.  If it turns out that he is really okay, then he comes out looking good politically.  But if he gets sick enough to have to go back, that won't look good.  This close to the election, it just won't look good.

There's a lot being said if you check around, but you don't know what is accurate and what is not.  If Trump has to go back, it is going to make those defending him look bad too.

Look, I don't know.  The first things I heard was that he was asymptomatic.  Then I hear that he had a fever and low oxygen.  After that, the fever thing went away.  Okay, that sounds good.  But is it justified to release him this soon?  Having a fever is not asymptomatic.  First we were told that the visit to the hospital was out of an abundance of caution.  But if he had a fever and a positive test, well if isn't just an abundance of caution.  We need to maintain some reliability in the messaging, please.  If he really is okay, then everything is fine.. but if not, it won't be good.

I just don't know enough to make a judgment from a distance.  But he'd better get this right if it wants to win this election.  If he is wrong, it won't be good.



No comments: