Saturday, May 4, 2019

What is CBD?

It seems like the name is popping up lately.  Just a week ago, it was being discussed around here.

Well, it does appear to be a derivative of cannibis.  Yup, mary jane kinda thing.

It has gone mainstream.  Does that mean that it is safe?  Just to be sure, I'd wait before using it.

As for opioids, I've used them myself as prescription drugs.  That was for pain relief due to my chordoma.  I tell you what.  From what I hear, the reaction to this is way the hell over the top.  Shoot, they told me at the hospital, that the injection I was getting, when I was getting the MRI, was 7 times more powerful than morphine.  But it didn't make much difference in controlling the pain, I assure you.  It took a couple weeks out of the hospital for the pain to get under control.  If you are in a lot of pain, you need something.  But it needs to be controlled by competent medical people.

This CBD thing is an unknown quantity.  So, I looked it up.  One look at cannibis, and I'm getting leery.

Who knows, you may have been clear of drugs your entire life, only to get sucked into it by something like this.  People get caught up in fads.  Maybe that is what this is.

Be careful out there.


No comments: