Sunday, February 4, 2018

Crazy as bedbugs

Andy Rooney-- remember him?  He got into some hot water when he said Mel Gibson was crazy as a bedbug.  Rooney "claimed" that God told him that.  This was in reference to the Gibson's film Passion of the Christ, which Rooney was mocking.  That is what drew the ire of many.

Anyhow, it reminds me of this scene in another of Gibson's movies --- Braveheart, in which Stephen talks to God.  He is called a "madman", to which Stephen responds that he came to the right place.

In the same movie, Gibson's portrayal of William Wallace, Wallace "sees" his father and his murdered wife.

It struck me that some religious folks, like Pat Robertson, claim that they talk with God.  Do they really do that, or are they crazy?

If I talked with God, what would I ask for ?  For liberals to stop acting so crazy?  Too much to ask, I suppose.  God can give just so many miracles.


No comments: