Tuesday, December 26, 2017

The reports of the death of this blog...

...have been greatly exaggerated...

Nevertheless, I find it somewhat tedious to write about things right now.

But, I press onward.  Maybe not upward.  More like sideways and downward, especially lately.

So, what to write about?  I got some videos for xmas presents.  Watched a couple of them today, and have one left to watch.

One of these I won't comment upon.  The other???  Well...  It seems like a propaganda video that the lefties have sent out.  Considering who gave it to me, I am somewhat surprised.  Well, once again, maybe all of this is on me.  Just about everything in this culture looks like a pinko plot to me now, so call me paranoid.  Hmm.  If you really did call me paranoid, I wouldn't care.   Just don't try to put me in a straightjacket, please.  Even I haven't gotten that far out there in the weeds yet.  But, I don't think it is me out in the weeds, ya'll.

That's all for the videos.

Let's go to my experiments.  I measured the water from the Coleman on the experiment the other day.  I seemed to have lost a bit of water.  Only 450 ounces came out, but I believed I had put in more than that.  Three and a half gallons of water.  No wonder it didn't last all that long.  Anyway, I am not including the bottles of dyed water.  I haven't inventoried those, but if I had it all in, it would have been about 22 liters more.  That water did not get all that hot, as it was not actually totally immersed in the water that was being heated.

Somewhat disappointing.  What did I learn?  It seems that the heat was being absorbed into the water, as opposed to being trapped in the ceiling when heating only air.  I am of the opinion that this may be a more efficient way to heat, but the findings are ready to be declared yet.  If using hot water for heating is better than heating air and circulating it, that may mean something.

I have been using a lot of propane, though.  Now I am looking for ways to economize on that.

My electrical problem is a mystery.  It doesn't seem consistent.  If I avoid doing certain things, the problem doesn't appear to be as bad.  Those things that seem to be a no-no include space heaters and electric blankets.  Just what exactly causes this electrical system to complain about those is the big mystery.

For instance, I used the dehumidifier today.  It definitely uses more electricity than the electric blanket, but no problema with the electrical system.  Strange indeed.  Anyway, I used the dehumidifier because of the very high humidity lately is making this place very damp.  I got a bunch of water out of it in the bargain.

At the moment, I got a bright idea to use the stove to evaporate waste water and the dehumidifier can reclaim it.  The propane can be used for a dual purpose, you see.  I get water and heat out of it.

You see?  That wasn't so painful.  Maybe I ought to stop writing about politics.


No comments: