Saturday, January 28, 2017

While there is still time

Things are getting worse.  It may be accelerating.  Seems like I can't do much anymore to escape the pain.

While there was the opportunity, I thought I would warn you about something.  I've been fooling around with these people for over three months now.  Nothing has happened even though these people have to know that I have a serious condition.

The first MRI was in October.  That was when the mass was detected.  It took over a week to get that information to me.  Why so long?

It took nearly three weeks to get the next MRI, which was ordered based upon the findings of the first.  Why three weeks?  Should it not have been done immediately?  Indeed.  Why not call me in for another MRI right after that mass was found?  Why would it take three weeks to get another MRI when these people had to know that it was a serious condition?

But wait.  After the second MRI, it took three more weeks to see a neurosurgeon who was to do the biopsy, which was recommended by the second MRI.  Again, why three more weeks?  After the second MRI, it should have been apparent that something should be done as soon as possible.  In fact, that was what the PCP said to me.  I was told this as if it were my fault.  What am I supposed to do, operate on myself?

Of course, that wasn't the end of this nightmare.  No, no, no.  It has been another two months since that doctor's visit, in which the neurosurgeon told me that it could kill me.  If it was so serious, why wasn't something done right away?  Well, something was done right away.  But the biopsy got cancelled somehow for the flimsiest of reasons.

It was to be rescheduled, but that never happened.

So, here I am, waiting for medical care that should have been given expeditiously, but is being withheld.

Money was the issue?  I still had insurance in October.  I have "insurance" now, but nothing is happening even now.  Even after all this time.  I saw the doctor on Tuesday.  He asked me the same question.  It is like it is somehow my fault for their lack of effort, or what have you.  Nothing seems to happen.  This latest doctor says call him in a week if nobody calls me in for an appointment.  Again, why a week?  After all this time?

I don't think they can blame this on money, or the lack of it.  The fact is, they just don't want to treat my condition.

Obamacare was supposed to help me.  Okay, where's the help?  Don't see it.

Just thought you people might want to know the truth about what is happening here.

Ah, the truth.  Or does that matter to anybody anymore?


Update:

Note that I haven't named names.   I could, you know.   Some of the names are of people who have high falutin' reputations.  Well, maybe it isn't their fault, but you are judged by the company you keep.


No comments: