Friday, November 25, 2016

Obligatory, 11.25.16

A few thoughts this morning...

  • Always the social critic, I suppose.  Just now tried to resolve a problem with a bill, but they want to use computers all the time.  The overreliance upon computers is a feature of corporations, which has become a bugaboo for yours truly.  I see this pattern over and over again.  Corporations are just too darn remote.  The further away you are from a problem, the harder it is to perceive it.  Just sayin'.
  • With my medical issues, big changes are coming soon.  Frankly, I don't know if I can move fast enough to make these decisions.  Besides, that is just the beginning of what they will mean for the future.  One thing I most likely will have to do is give up my property out west.  Yep, that will have to go.  That opportunity isn't viable any longer.  I could wait for the final diagnosis, but I will have to be extremely lucky to avoid having to make this decision.
  • Most likely, I will have to make frequent visits to the doctor.  This may mean I will have to move back to Houston.  There may be a long rehab.  Etc. Etc.
  • It is too early to talk about treatment until final diagnosis.  That is what the doc said, anyway.  However, this could involve some rather radical treatment.  That is why it would be extremely fortunate if the worst case scenario is not the one I have to deal with.  The odds of this kind of luck is rather low, I'd say.
  • What went wrong?  Another question that is too early to answer.  One thing is clear.  This cannot be detected without an MRI.  I could have sought one a lot sooner, but there was the cost issue.  Turns out that this concern may have been unnecessary.  If I had any advice to anyone in a similar situation: get the MRI.  I got one for 750.  That may hurt some budgets, but it is a lot lower than what I thought it would be.  Seems like I remember having one for two grand in 1994, so I was expecting a much higher number.  But that will lead me back to social criticism, don't you know.  There's a lot wrong in our society.  But you probably already knew that.





No comments: