Sunday, February 7, 2016

HCL

High Cost of Living.

One of my Uber riders said she lived in San Francisco for awhile.  She told me that it cost $4k a month to live in a small 1 bedroom apartment in that city.

Whoa!

What good is it to make more money, but have to turn around and pay out more for things like rent?  For that kind of money, you could buy a nice house in Houston.

I mean, a comparable house in San Fran, or nearabouts, would probably be well in excess of a million.  Look at the kind of money it would take to service that.   Why would you want to make the extra money only to have to give it all back?  Not to mention that the government would tax you at a higher rate as well.

I'm finding some of that on my thoughts about moving out of Houston.  Sure, I make more here, but I have to spend more.  Not only that, I will be taxed more on the spending.  It's like a treadmill.  The more you make, the more you spend.

Just looking for another way, that's all.


No comments: