Tuesday, February 2, 2016

HARRY NILSSON Jump Into The Fire MUSIC VIDEO

The intro sounds pretty cool, with that bass, and then the guitar coming in.  I'd love to be able to play it.  Of course, that was a long time ago.  I used to play around with a guitar all the time.  Not that I learned anything with it, mind you.

I was watching the Goodfella's video when this song started up in the background.  Henry Hill, the gangster in the story, is now dead, or so I understand.   All of those hoodlums are now dead, most likely.   What seems important at the time eventually doesn't mean a thing.  What they did at that time in their lives seemed important to them, but what does it mean now?  That's what I was thinking...  If your life could mean anything, what would you make it?  Just to live like a king for awhile?  At what cost?

Then I think about this song Jump Into The Fire.
  You can climb a mountain,
   you can swim the sea,
   You can jump into the fire,
   But you'll never be free.





No comments: