Saturday, January 16, 2016

Obligatory, 1.16.16; So much to do, so little time

As I write this, I am on a schedule to go out to work beginning at 6am.  I've missed a lot of work lately, so I have to catch up.  At least, that is the excuse.

Why the haste?  It seems that I've spent the last hour just to do something I consider rather insignificant.  It takes too much time to do anything, so progress seems to be at a snail's pace.

Last night, I didn't get home until after 7 pm.  Most of the day, I spent working on one thing or another.  That is how my days are now.  The last trip was an hour away, so I finished actual work at about 6 pm.  Traffic seemed hectic.  I was anxious to get home and rest my tired bones.

Just now, I updated my Facebook page with the Boots and Oil page that is supposed to help with traffic.  Well, good luck with that.  It seems like an effort to get everything to tie in together.  I think I am making progress on that, but it is slow.

Yesterday, while waiting around for some business, I did more measurements on the van.  It looks like there will have to be a slight modification in plans there, but it should still be okay.  I'm going to shove the freezer in the corner, followed by the microwave, and then the TV stand.  These should fit up against the cargo cage.

Along the driver side wall, there will be the clothes closet, then the storage made from the top part of the computer desk, and that will probably leave enough room for the second computer desk.  That desk will have to be cut to size, in order to make room for the stereo speakers that will be stacked on top of each other.  That gets to the back door, which won't allow access, as that second computer desk will cover it up.

Moving to the passenger side, the drawer will rest on top of the second computer desk and cover most of the sidewall to the side doors.  Entry to what's left of the interior space will have to come from the side door.  No other entry will be possible.

I may be able to squeeze one more item next to the drawer!  Still have to work this problem, though, so more changes to the plan are possible.

There should be enough room for the rollaway bed to deploy so I can sleep.  Upon rising, I can move the bed and then put down the washtub and take a "shower" right in place.  There will also be a sink available.

To do one's bodily functions, there will be a luggable loo set up.  I know that doesn't sound appealing.

It isn't a bed of roses, but I think it could work.

I need to park it in an RV spot and have a storage location for the car.  I will commute back and forth in such a manner to work and then to sleep.

That's the plan.

Working hard to implement it in time to make the move by April Fool's day.

Update:

I go out and work five or six hours and then feel a bit tired and go home.  Fell asleep.

Always time for sleep, it seems.


No comments: