Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Checking in, 6/24/15

Today's the day for getting some stuff done.

A few thoughts before I start getting ready.

As for what I wrote yesterday about the country going crazy:  it may be best to start limiting how much time I spend reading the "news".  A lot of what is called "news" isn't news at all.  About all it does is to produce reactions, which gets people to talk about stuff which doesn't matter a whole lot.  All of it is to generate profits for people, who do not really provide anything like a public service, and therefore is a waste of time and energy to fool around with.

I've been neglecting plans for my move out west.  Hopefully, I can get back on track with that.

Moving on to a different subject, I just spent a little time on the subject of Linda Rondstadt.  There's a lot that can said about her, no doubt.  The main thing of late is some political activism that she dabbles around with.  It is a bit unfortunate to have someone with so much talent, who devotes herself to such questionable political views.

I would have put something of hers up, but I won't after what I read about her on Wikipedia.  What a waste.

Don't things always seem to go back to politics?  Isn't that a shame, too.

Almost forgot:  Linda Ronstadt's political views were unpopular for a time shortly after 9-11.  What happened to this country in such a short time that could cause the country to move so far to the left in such a short time?

I have a theory about that.  It seems to me that those who would call themselves "conservative" need some assertiveness training.  They are so, so easy to push around that it is painful to watch.  It's like a puny 98 pound weakling getting pushed around by the local bully.  You wish that that skinny wimp would get some backbone, but he just stands there taking all that garbage.  That's how it looks to me.




No comments: