Friday, November 14, 2014

People, think for yourselves

That's a quote from Rush Limbaugh.

Yeah, I'm pretty tough on Limbaugh.  But I think I've gone beyond him.  Rush is the same old Rush.  But I'm not the same old Greg.

I've been thinking for myself.  Which means I don't listen to Rush much.  He doesn't offer that much anymore.

Look, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with making money.  Just don't make it the same as being patriotic.  Patriotism means being in service of the Republic.  You can make plenty of money and not be in service to anyone except yourself.

Sure, he's delivering a "service" with his information.  But he is getting paid for that.  What can pay for the loss of a life?  For that is what it may take to defend the Republic.  I'm not saying that Rush should be willing to give up his life.  I'm saying that his words only go so far.  Without more behind it, it falls flat as a pancake.  What commitment is Limbaugh willing to make?  He should be taken as seriously as his willingness to make that commitment.

I am beyond Limbaugh because I can see his faults.  Limbaugh cannot see where his faults are, in my opinion.  Too many people are taking Limbaugh at face value.  If you don't see beyond his "schtick", then you aren't thinking for yourself.  You're just like the left's own mind controlled robots who watch TV news and think they know something.


No comments: