Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Trade Deficit And Economic Growth Stats

Perhaps nobody is thinking of this, or I'm not seeing much of it out there.  It pretty much confirms what I've thought for a long time now.  The trade deficits do matter.

The most recent GDP number was revised up.  Now, usually these numbers are revised downward because of the trade deficit.  Since the trade deficit is actually improving, this may well be boosting the GDP numbers.

I got behind Newt Gingrich's "Drill Here, Drill Now, and Pay Less" campaign for this reason.   I knew that the super large trade deficits being partly driven by $150 a barrel oil was a sure fire problem.  Turns out that it was.  In fact, the extremely high oil prices may have been decisive in causing the collapse.

Should Obama get credit for this latest economic news?  No.  He once said that we can't drill our way out of this.  Well, we are drilling our way out of this.  No thanks to him and no thanks to the radical environmentalists.

We could do even better if we develop molten salt reactors and get off oil completely.  But I guess that is just asking too much.  The environmentalists are even crazier about the nuclear energy issue.  Things like this convince me that I'm right more often than not.  That may be why I sound so cocky sometimes.


No comments: