Sunday, December 22, 2013

Here they go again...

You know, I was serious yesterday when I wrote that I don't want an echo chamber here on this blog.

You know why?  I've told the story already.  Several times.  So, it is quite instructive, I think, to keep going back over that, just as a reminder.

The left just absolutely loves to portray themselves as tolerant and forgiving bunch.  But they are nothing of the kind.  So, here we have the Mahablog, and she writes something along the lines that it is only the right, the GOP, that are the big haters.

Well, bless her little biddy heart.  All I know, is that I went there looking to dialogue with someone on the left, and I got booted for having a MINOR DISAGREEMENT.  She won't tolerate dissent.  Not for an instant.  The loving and tolerant little angel cannot abide even the slightest give and take of an honest discussion.  The thing you get is the Alinsky treatment.  Insults and abuse.  If you don't give in, well, she just writes you off.

If my experience was the exception, I'd say that I just had one bad experience.  But you hear about this kind of thing all the time.

One problem I see in the country today is that everybody is retreating to their own echo chamber.  The Mahablog is what I mean by an echo chamber.  The people who go there are only interested in seeing what they already believe.  It works for her.  But does it work for this country?

No comments: