Saturday, October 19, 2013

How they voted on shut down drama

Here's the roll call vote in the House.

After checking out my own representative, I started going through the entire list.  But I didn't make it all the way through.  What I mean, is that I went through the members in the Republican party that voted for the measure.

Then I went to their sites on Wikipedia to get some information on them.  It really doesn't look like they had a reason to flip like they did.  One had a very close race recently, but he is going to term limit himself out of office soon anyway.  Why would he be afraid of a backlash should the deadlock have continued?

What I saw didn't make a lot of sense, buy you can't rule out corruption.  If my theory is correct, those who voted for the measure may not have done it according to conscience.  If that is true, then they don't belong in Congress.

It bears repeating that I didn't go all the way through the list.  But it wouldn't have taken many to flip the vote in favor of the Democrats.  What I saw didn't make sense to me, that's all.


No comments: