Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Still not happy with my smartphone

No, I'm not about to give up yet, but this thing is frustrating as hell.

It is way too easy to get an inadvertent touch screen response when I didn't intend to touch it or do something with it.  It is way too sensitive.  You can barely hold the thing without touching something inadvertently.

Some stuff that I'd like to do isn't possible, or it seem impossible for the moment.  For example, I'd like to be able to post to this blog, but the keyboard is way too hard to use.  I'm lucky if I'm able to get a single sentence typed in--- it's that bad.

I've experimented with it a bit, but there doesn't appear to be much that I can do with it, at least for now.  I've used it to make short movies, but the same old problem keeps popping up---sensitive screen, unexpected responses.  If you don't keep touching the screen, the thing will cut off automatically.  Phone calls can do the same thing.  That might be adjustable, but it is all a pain in the neck.

The battery life is pretty short too.  I knew about that, but it is even worse than what I was warned about.  There are batteries on the market and other stuff.  All is not lost on that count, at least.

There's a learning curve to this thing, and that curve may be a bit longer than any reasonable person should expect.  So far, not a good experience.


No comments: