Sunday, February 3, 2013

Learning about my new smartphone

This is quite frustrating, I assure you.

If I were to write a review of this thing, the words would be quite salty.  This thing is not particularly "smart".

I liked my "dumb" phone better.

Sure, it may take awhile to learn how to use it, but it may be helpful if they actually had instructions.  The user manual is way, way too short.  It is basically sink or swim.   You have to experiment with the darned thing in order to know how to do anything with it.  That tries my patience beyond all belief.  If I hadn't learned how to manage my temper, I think I would have smashed the thing by now.

Oh, well.  I may need to actually write an instruction manual on how to use this thing.  It is totally ridiculous that they don't have some instructions.

By the way, the battery runs down real, real fast.  I had to rig up an extension cord to keep it plugged in so that I could actually figure out how to use the darned thing before the battery ran down, and forced me to recharge.

Arghh!

Update:

I'm making progress.  Just made a little movie and uploaded it to my email.  Now the trick is to get it to youtube, if possible and then embed it here.  That's kinda the plan.

Update:

Success!  Now I can post videos if I want.  What a hoot!  Now all I need to know is what the hell to post.

Update:

I should write down my procedure even if it isn't the best procedure.  I sent it to my email as an attachment and loaded the email from my email page.  Then I saved the video on my desktop and uploaded the video from there.  Now I realize that isn't the best way of doing it but it worked, dammit.








No comments: