Friday, May 6, 2011

About that selloff

I got this bit of news via Instapundit.  This could explain a selloff, but not a bubble being burst.  I think that would have to come from the Fed.  If the Fed keeps dumping monetary stimulus ( funny money), the prices will rise again anyway.  The CME deals with derivatives, not physical deliveries.  At least as far as I know.

Also, he's predicting recession from this.  Well, that's getting a bit ahead of ourselves again.  Credit on the whole needs to freeze up like it did in 2007.   I have no other reports of that.

Also, Chris Laird has a public article out.  I have to differ a bit with him on some of his calls.  I don't think that silver or gold is in a bubble at all.  It is only reflecting the Fed's excessively accomodative policy.  Fed policy is inflationary and hasn't changed.  Until it does, or if it does, precious metals have the fundamentals on its side.  "Don't fight the fed".

No comments: