Monday, January 31, 2011

I don't live and die by popularity

Lately, I've made a few posts that amount to expressing the desire for my blog to be more popular.  But if it never does, that's fine.  I don't care that much.  I care, but not that much.  The thing is, I don't count on somebody else to deliver to me what I need.  I go out and get it.  It turns out that if I don't get popular, it won't be any big tragedy.  I'm used to it.

So, it kinda looks like the more that I want popularity, the more it seems to get withheld.  Well, screw that.  I can almost see what's going on there.  If they think they've got you, then they've really got you.  That doesn't happen here.  I've always been my own man.  I will do some little things to be popular, but I won't sell out and do anything to get a page hit.

To be frank, lots of times I thought of giving up this blog.  It needs to make money in order for me to spend my time on it.  And popularity is the only way for it to make money.  That's what you call a paradox.  I guess then, I have to accept the probability that this blog won't make money because it won't be popular.  Does that mean I quit?  No, not yet.  There's another thing.  I'm just cussed enough to continue despite the lack of success.

No comments: