Monday, September 18, 2023

Signs of life on a "habitable" world some 100 light years away?





The search for life on other planets doesn't really interest me much. A curious thing he mentions on this video is that the planet in question is "tidally locked" to its star. I'm not sure that means what he thinks it means. He seems to think it is like the moon, in which the dark side is never seen.

Unless the planet does not fully rotate, then one side MUST face its star sometime during its rotation, and therefore receive light. It isn't going to be like the moon and be dark just because it is tidally locked. The Earth is not a star, so the moon's dark side doesn't get illuminated when it faces the Earth. However, it DOES face the Earth.

If I'm wrong, I'd certainly like an explanation as to why I'm wrong.





Data



life forms song:



Worth a Muttley or two:







No comments: