Thursday, April 4, 2019

Obligatory, 4.4.19

One news item that I didn't mention was the political outlook for Trump seems to be getting better all the time.

That might take the edge off the gloom and doom type stuff that I posted yesterday.

But it isn't going to change the fundamental trend unless the Trump presidency can become a movement that spans over time.  If it doesn't, then we'll see a repeat of what happened after Reagan gave way to Bush.  Bush managed to squander the GOP unity and success that followed the Reagan years.  The Democrats were disarray, and were about to sink into oblivion until Bush rescued them.

The news item that I mentioned in the first sentence was that Trump's polling is finally all positive.  What I mean by that is that he strong support v. strong opposition is now in plus territory.  For the first two years, I don't think he has had that good of a Rasmussen poll number.  I checked today's number, and it is back under water at -2.  But that number may be trending up, as yesterday's was plus one.


No comments: