Sunday, April 1, 2018

Day of contemplation

Today was Easter, which I wanted to observe for a change.  Not normally do I do this, but this year is different.

Rather than do anything like work or chores, I did some reading.  My usual reading, as a matter of fact.  Come to think of it, maybe not so much of a different today after all.

Anyway, the name C.S. Lewis came up in a comment upon one of the Conservative Treehouse's posts.  The term "screwtape letters" was mentioned, so I googled it, and learned a few things that I didn't know.

Was it a day well-spent?  Who knows, but at least I did what I wanted.  I usually do, anyway.

Does the name Chuck Colson ring a bell?  He was one of Nixon's men, who spent some time in jail, as a consequence of the Watergate Scandal.  It says here that he converted to Christianity based upon this book by Lewis.


No comments: