Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Not a slow news day, but a slow blogging day

The other day, I was quite active in blogging.  But the last two days, not so much.

What explains this?  I dunno.  Sometimes you got it, and sometimes you don't.  Maybe in my case, most of the time, I don't.  Couple days ago, I had it.

Ideas for blog posts may be hard to come by sometimes.  You can read stuff, or you can talk with people, or something could just happen that might give you an idea.

An idea from history just now hit me, and so I may run with it for a little while.

Part of the history is from my own past, the other part is from the larger scene.

The part from my own past comes from the many arguments that I have gotten into with my kinfolk over politics.  There was no argument today, but there could have been if I pressed the issue.  But I didn't.  I don't know if this means that I am smarter than before or dumber.  All I know is that by arguing, you don't seem to get anywhere.  By arguing, I mean in trying to prevail with your point in such a way that the other participant says something like "uncle".

Trouble is, nobody is ever going to say "uncle".  Even if they do say it, they won't mean it.  They'll resent you for it.  So, you don't win by arguing like that.

So, is it smarter or dumber?  I don't know.  I don't think I got anywhere anyway with my arguments.  But it didn't change my mind either.

That's the smaller scene.  The larger scene is from ancient history and the Greek city states.  The Greek city states wouldn't unite against the bigger outside threats, and eventually, the Greeks were conquered.

The warning here is that we all argue with each other like the ancient Greeks did.  We won't unite, and in failing to unite, we just might well be conquered.

So, there you are, conservatives.  We have different brands of conservatives that are all arguing with each other right now.  But the left is united in that they hate all conservatives anyway, unless you are a John McCain type.

They love John McCain types because they sow dissension throughout the ranks.  Therein lies our problem.  If the John McCain types won't support us, then they should leave.

Maybe we are better off without them.  Maybe not, but we just cannot have them undermining the rest.

Which reminds me of what I saw about John Podesta earlier today.  If you cross the Dems, they will have you murdered.  See Seth Rich.  But our side will tolerate a John Dean / John McCain type to go schmooze with the left.

Is that how we unite our side?  I dunno, but what we are doing isn't working.


No comments: