Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The (real ) Rat (s) In Alabama

Dick Morris

comment:

Update: ( 11.14.17, originally posted 11.12.17 )

The GOP does not impress me with their willingness to cave in to this.  You have Menendez in the Senate while on trial.  Moore is not even allowed a trial before you run him off?

Even Cruz, who has previously criticized what he calls the "Surrender Caucus", is surrendering.

This does not impress me, but Cruz has never impressed me.  That's why I call them "so-called conservatives".  They do not accomplish a doggone thing, but they sure like to posture like they are really, really rockribbed conservatives.  It is all bravo sierra.

I probably will think long and hard about voting for Cruz in the next election.  I probably should not have forgiven him for the way he treated Trump, but this reminds me why I don't like him.  Nor Cornyn for that matter.


the original post follows:

Hmm.  Morris says something questionable.  Personally, I think the thing is all made up as a last ditch attempt to stop Judge Roy Moore from being elected Senator from Alabama.  Why even consider removing him from the ballot, or even implying that such was a desirable course of action?  If somebody gets desperate enough, as I believe these people have become, then they may well be capable of making things up.  They are certainly doing it with the allegations regarding Russian collusion against Trump.

Voters should disregard this latest gambit.

I read a bit about Moore on Wikipedia.  I like the dude.  I do not believe the accusations.  He may go far in politics, believe it or not.  This kind of guy may well be what the doctor ordered for this country.  It all depends upon sincerity.  There is a risk of insincerity every time you deal with politicians.

Just consider the craziness that has become so pervasive in Western society.  Moore could be a good remedy for that if he is sincere.  If not, he will be a disaster.

Update:

There seems to be some doubt about the accuracy of the allegations.  No links being cited, though.  One of the accusers is a Democrat operative, or something to that effect.  This allegation is most likely politically motivated.

Polls conflict.  Well, one thing is certain: some people are going to believe it, so it most likely will hurt. 

My hope is that it will backfire bigtime.  One way to stop this kind of crap is to burn it big time.  Once this type of thing is burned, the motivation to avail oneself of the tactic will be diminished.


No comments: