Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Keyboard Warrior

Hey, yeah.  That is what I am.  Hey, I cannot even keep my eyes open half the time.  I am so doped up on meds that I am sleepy all the time.

So, if I write something like the GOP going on offense, I certainly don't mean ME.  I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag right now.

Keyboard warriors are just words in cyberspace.  Not that I don't want to be taken seriously.  On the other hand, I am basically an ideas guy.  Ideas guys vs. Action guys.

When I am not half asleep, I'm at my brother's repair shop.  He does real stuff.  Fixing a car is real.  Buying one not so much.  I am more inclined to buy one.

What's that you say?  It just seems to me that if you know how to get one running right, it is a lot better than buying something.  You don't always have the option of buying one.  Buying one is a big step away from making one or fixing one.

I started in the auto repair biz when I was young.  I didn't stick with it.  There's the difference between him and me.  Not that I don't stick with things.  But fixing cars requires something that I seem to lack.  He says it is persistence.  But I don't think I lack persistence.  Maybe it is persistence combined with audacity.  You have to be audacious to do some of the things he does.  He does stuff I would never do.  It seems rather chancy, I would say.  Like putting a junk car on to a trailer. 

He spent an entire morning doing that.  The junk car had no wheels, as he took the axles off and  used them for another project.  No place to put the wheels.  Try to imagine getting a junk car on to a trailer without the benefit of wheels.  That's just the beginning.  You have to get the trailer there, which was tricky in itself.  There's not that much room.

I could go on, but you should be able to figure it out.  Keyboard warriors don't put junk cars on trailers.  It is the real deal to do stuff that is real.  Let's not kid oneself.



No comments: