Saturday, June 10, 2017

Obligatory, 6.9.17, Updated

Finally began work on my screen.  It is intended to keep some of the sun off the trailer, and therefore help with climate control.  It really gets hot in here, unless you run the a/c all of the time.  I want to do something to control that heat, and cut down on the a/c usage.

As of the moment, work has stopped because it is too hot, my feet are killing me, and I ran out of screws and nails.

I took a break to cool off and to plan for a trip to get some more supplies.  I didn't think I would run out of screws, but I didn't check close enough, I guess.

Maybe I will update this today.  If I feel up to it, I may finish up the job.  There's not all that much left to do.

Update :

Finished!  Time to celebrate.

6.10.17, 6.50 am :

A short blurb here.  Since I finished up at about nightfall, I didn't have much of an opportunity to inspect my work.  This morning, at the crack of dawn, I went outside, and had a look.  It looks sound, but not what I'd call professional.   That is okay, since I am definitely not a carpenter.

I am satisfied with it, construction wise.  Now, let's see if this thing will help control the heat.

No comments: