Sunday, May 8, 2016

Feeling kinda bothered right now

Today is Mother's Day, I think.  The reason I don't know is that I have never been much good in observing occasions.

Mom passed away seven years ago.  In some ways, it seems like yesterday.  In other ways, it seems like a lot has happened.

Those last few years, I hardly spoke to her.  I was angry with her about something, which now seems like not that big of a deal.

Compared to my Dad, she was a lot like Dr Jekyl to Mr. Hyde.  The two were quite different from each other from a temperament standpoint.  They didn't get along well while Dad was still alive.

Hardly much of a tribute, heh?  Well, it was a tough neighborhood, this family, and I was like Rodney Dangerfield in it.  I got no respect.  My way of dealing with it was to withdraw into silence.

It is not an excuse, nor much of an explanation.  But I think it is accurate.

Things are not going well right now.  Not at home, not out there in the world.  I don't know if anything can be done about it, either.  It will improve, or it won't.


No comments: