Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Getting late

That is, the lease expires on March 31st.  If I give a 30 day notice, that means I need to decide upon going or staying by March the first.  This is just a little over a month away now.

With all these health issues, I've spent a lot of time on the off-the-grid project.

It seems like there's a way to get that generator I wanted.  I can put a wheelchair carrier in back, and put in on that.  This would give me the capability of keeping it in sight, or the option of locking it up with the van in a storage place in town while I work.

With the generator, I can do a number of things, but now that I can do them, they don't seem as important.  Go figure.  What I mean is, I can put in a small a/c unit and run the a/c off the generator.  The a/c can collect the water during the summer months, if that is what I wish to do.  The generator can easily run the space heater I've got.  With this much power, the only question is how much to use it.  Overuse will result in high costs for that energy.

Good climate control is needed for the ergonomics factor.  It will be cramped, as it is.  If it is uncomfortable in terms of temperature, the arrangement might break down.

The capability of standing up in the van was decided to be too expensive to implement.  It will have to be borne as a hardship of sorts.

All those considerations are for an early exit.

What if I stay?

The Uber thing isn't enough money for this town and with the current arrangements.   I need to work in the van in order to keep things the way they are.  That delays any conversion.  It may also wear out the van and then I will need another one.

Is this a situation that can be called being between a rock and a hard place?

I'm not going to want to be forced into a decision, but circumstances may require it, and soon.

This post will go into the general subseries of the off-the-grid main series of posts.

Prev   Next


No comments: