Friday, January 29, 2016

Let me throw a question out there

and maybe somebody can answer it.

Did Elvis Presley ever do a version of the song by Roy Orbison called "Pretty Woman".

Man, I heard something that sounded a lot like Elvis, but somebody in the comments section claimed that it was tampered version of Orbison's tune.

That surprised me that I could be fooled like that, if I was.  The song was mangled up a little, that was obvious, but the voice sounded an awful lot like Elvis.  It was the best imposter job out there.  Yes, there are several videos that claim to be Elvis, but they were Orbison doing the singing.  Those weren't Elvis.

So, I'll leave it up to anybody out there to show how Elvis really did do a version of this, and point me to it.  I'd really like to see if it exists.  Or did I really get fooled?

Update:

Yep, I was fooled.  A closer listen of that song convinces me that it was a fake.  Somebody recorded over it in the background, which alters the sound of the recording.  It may have been done just enough to fool somebody like me who didn't listen really close to it.  You have to listen closely to pick up the second voice recorded over the top of it.

As for whether or not Elvis did his own recording of it, I didn't find any videos that were convincing.  Others were less well done than this forgery.  I'm going to think that he didn't, or otherwise they'd be easy to find.




No comments: