Sunday, April 5, 2015

What did I tell ya bout Wishbone?

He just loves to argue.

We visited just awhile ago, and the Kennedy assassination came up.  He wanted to start arguing about the conspiracy theories.  It's all a game to him.

I promptly got up and left.  He was bewildered.  He just can't understand any point of view outside of his own.  No doubt he felt frustrated that I wouldn't accommodate his insatiable appetite for entertainment.

Someone might say that of me with the respect to the inability to understand someone else's point of view.  It is not that I don't understand.  I DO.  I  STUDIED IT.  So, the last thing I want to do is to get into any argument with an individual, including my own brother about the matter.  Am I going to ignore all that I've studied and start arguing about theories that fall apart once the truth is acknowledged for what it is?

He will never acknowledge it because to him it is all a game and he can't bear to lose the game.

There is only one truth.  He started getting into stuff like the victors write the history and all that.  Not that I disagree, but what does that have to do with the truth???  If the "victors" said Galileo was wrong, does that mean that now that we are to understand that Galileo was wrong????

For many people, all too many, the truth is a negotiable thing.  If truth is anything, it is certainly not that.


No comments: