Friday, March 20, 2015

Off grid power system details

Prev   Next

This post will be in the power subseries of the off-the-grid main series of posts.

Now I know why I wanted to buy an RV.  It has everything and I don't have to put together anything.  Just putting this thing together will take a lot of work, and that assumes that you know what you are doing.

Looks like I need an education, especially on how to put together an electrical system.

I've been designing my own system based upon ignorance, basically.

So, I think I have to start from the ground up, and then proceed to a working system.  But I've already purchased a few things, drat it.  Well, I don't want to discard those things, so I'll have to find a way to work with what I've got.

I'm trying to pattern my off-the-grid system off of the example that is given here.  The system linked to is an off-grid packaged system that presumably has everything you need to start using it.

Before I do that, I'm going to have to watch their series of videos.  All of this is going to take a lot of time.  I'm running out of that, unfortunately.



No comments: