Friday, March 20, 2015

Keep it simple, stupid

Otherwise known as the KISS principle.  It seems that I have forgotten that principle.  In designing my trailer, I struck upon the idea of using a quonset hut on top of a trailer, and this had the virtue of being simple.  In fact, it is so simple, I'm sure I can get it up in a day or less.

Instead of keeping to that, I managed to make it all more complex.  It has now morphed into something that requires that I use a lot of effort to implement it so that it may require thousands of dollars and perhaps days to execute.

It's not that it cannot ever be more complex.  Time is of the essence.  Shelter has to set up fast.  It can be temporary, but it must be flexible so that it can be built upon as something that can last.

I'm going to have to remember that as I continue making my preparations.


No comments: