Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Checking in, 3/18/15

Light posting continues because of the ongoing preparations for moving out West.

Yesterday was a bit of a setback because my truck broke down at the end of the day.  I was late getting back home, and slept in late this morning.

But back at the keyboard for another thrilling episode of my new adventure.  Perhaps I can handle it as smoothly as my vehicle breakdown yesterday?  Let's hope so.  If a bad thing is to happen, at least be able to handle it without making it worse.  My vehicle had to be towed to the repair shop, you see.

As for my trip out West, I've got to solve a few issues before I even get started.  I'd like to get my trailer delivered, but I can't take delivery here.  Nor can I take delivery out West, at least not on the property.  So, what do I do?  I need a solution to that and I need it soon.  I have an idea, but I haven't looked into it as of yet.

There's that conversation I had with respect to an RV.  Seems like the person looking into that didn't get back to me.  Should I let that go on, or intervene and put it to an end?  Since my vehicle broke down, maybe a change in vehicles would be advisable.  Don't want to go off the handle with anything just yet.

Wishbone said that my planning is haphazard.  I'd like to think more highly of it.  It is certainly not well organized and orderly as it could be.  It's like flying at the seat of your pants.

What can I definitely do which doesn't depend upon an RV being there or not?  I can build a shed for my stuff.  This apartment has got to be empty on May 31st, if I am to move out.  What I can do is to build that shed and it will be ready for my stuff whether or not I use an RV or not.

Anyway, that's where I'm at in my planning.  Basic shelter hasn't even been decided yet.  But it will have to be and soon.  The move is definitely a "go" at this point in any event.  I've got some "wiggle room" in all this, so if things don't go well enough, I can back out of it for awhile.  Nevertheless, haphazard or not, here I come.


No comments: