Monday, February 24, 2014

ObamaCare battles

A quick post about something that is a bit personal.  But I am not against such disclosures.  Anyway, I wrote about the problems I had signing up for ObamaCare.  Over this past weekend, I decided to try one more time before the deadline passes.  This time, I had success.  As of now, I am enrolled, but not covered yet.  I have to send in a payment and all that stuff.  Shouldn't be a problem.

The thought occurred to me, because of this, that the GOP is going to lose this battle.  Perhaps, it is already lost.  They lost it in 2012, with the reelection of Obama.  However, there is still some negative news out there about the rollout.

The deal is a bad deal for the taxpayers.  But for me personally, it is a fabulous deal.  Very low monthly premiums for insurance---gotta love it.  This is a killer from a political point of view.  But it is also a killer on terms of national interest.  A better deal for the taxpayers could have been had.  Also, the deal may be so expensive that it will have to be curtailed in some way.  But for the politicians and some people such as myself, it is a good deal.

I've written a lot of negative stuff about liberals and Democrats.  No doubt, many may regard this as something of a sell-out.  Perhaps.  But why couldn't you have come up with something when you had a chance?  If the GOP hadn't mismanaged things, like the war in Iraq, Obama and the Democrats wouldn't have gotten this opportunity in the first place.  Now it is here, and they will probably fail in getting rid of it.

Again, this is a bad deal for the country, but a good deal for me.  That's the zeitgeist.  Everybody takes care of number one, and let the country be damned.  Evidently, I am no different myself.  Should I have taken one for the team?  Why?  Nobody on the so-called right is supporting this blog, even though I have repeated many times some ideas that might helped the so-called right win elections.  What do I owe them?

As always, I write about the truth to the best of my ability.  Sometimes, the truth isn't one that you are going to like.  But that is the nature of truth.  It doesn't bend to anybody's will.


No comments: