Sunday, May 19, 2013

Update on new blog site

It's been over a couple months since I've updated it with any new posts.  It is now updated.

What surprised me was the number of comments, even though most of them were spam.  Not all were, in my estimation, that is.  Actually, there were so many comments that I gave up looking through them all.  Some folks may have had a legitimate comment deleted.  I regret that.  It is just too time consuming to view them all.  I can't begin to respond to them.

Also, the site seems to be getting some traffic, which is another surprise since I've been neglecting it.  One thing about traffic though.  There seem to be discrepancies from one counter to another.  Wordpress says I have significantly fewer visitors.  But if I have so few visitors, what explains the comments?  Robots?  If they are robots, then is Wordpress ignoring the robots?  It's possible.  I get discrepancies on this blog too.  It's hard to tell what the true numbers are.

I was going to move over to the new site, but somehow I got sidetracked.  It takes time to manage even 1 blog, much less several.  The other blogs are suffering from neglect also.  Not enough time.


No comments: