Saturday, December 31, 2011

Steve Deace: Why I Am Endorsing Newt Gingrich for President

stevedeace.com

quotes:
  • Sadly, there are only two candidates offering a real means by which to actually undo that which the Left has done to this country for the past 50 years, and not just conservative platitudes. One of those candidates is Ron Paul  [ Comment:  And Paul isn't a realistic choice.]
  • The Left has used unelected judges and judicial oligarchy to reinvent the American way of life, from secularism to the loss of the sanctity of life, to the redefining of marriage, the confiscation of private property, and the granting of imaginary rights. [ Comment:  I wrote about a ConCon in order to deal with this.]
  • The future is at stake, and we may never get another environment with the country so prepared to challenge the system as we have right now.
  • Sometimes the most broken people are the ones God does the most tremendous work through. I know that has been true in my life.
Comment:

I did a post about a series of videos Deace made about Presidential hopefuls.  There's one about Romney, and here's the one he made about Gingrich



Iowa's caucuses are almost here, but Texas is two months away yet.

I haven't made my mind up yet, but last night I gave it some thought.  I have said and will say again that I am leaning towards Gingrich.  Why?  I think Gingrich will tell you what you need to hear, not necessarily what you want to hear.  To me, this give his words more credibility.  Anybody can tell you what you want to hear.  It takes a bit of political courage to say and do what is not necessarily the most popular thing.

I recall reading somewhere that Harry Truman once said that good leadership is getting people to do what they don't want to do and liking it.  If I am reading Gingrich right, I think he could be that kind of leader.

No comments: