Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BECNF and the E-cat

For a reaction sequence, this looks a whole lot better than Widom Larsen. The sequence goes straight to copper 63. In the case of Widom Larsen, you could go down a few complicated pathways.

In addition, the beta decays occur faster with BECNF. Notice that the slowest reaction is 3.333 hours, as opposed to months or years with some of the beta minus decays in the Widom Larsen scenario.

It could turn out that Rossi Focardi's E-cat is truly a cold fusion device.  If so, it is actually a surprise to me.  I wrote before that I didn't think there was any such thing as cold fusion.  Not to say that this convinces me of the reality of cold fusion, but Widom Larsen left me somewhat disappointed.  This sequence makes it plausible ( to me) as an energy producing possibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotopes_of_copper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except that 59Ni is radioactive with a half-life of 76000 years. So unless you are positing that the ENTIRE sample transitions through to Cu I would ask you why is there no radiation [within minutes] of you turning it off? (which Rossi claims). If you are saying the entire sample does transitions then I ask you, where is the rest of the energy?

jnt

Greg said...

I am indeed positing that it all will transmute into copper. Rossi seems to be notorious for not giving out enough details. I can't explain Rossi. He will have to explain himself. As for the rest of the energy, it will be released as it transitions. At the end, there will be no more nickel, just copper.

By the way, I know that not all the nickel is converted to copper. I am relying on the observation that it is a surface phenomenon. So the transitions will take place in those places only, not everywhere througout the nickel. In those places that fusion does take place, the transitions will be completely into copper.