Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mordor?

This kind of video would have appealed to me not many years ago. It now troubles me, a lot.

The thing that the left loves to do is to demonize the opposition. The only thing that keeps the peace in our society is that the right has refused to go that route themselves. Do you see the right ever do this kind of thing? At one time, I said that they should. But to do so will take you to a very dark place.

What the left does and wants may seem pretty evil at times. But I would suggest, very, very strongly against taking such a judgmental frame of mind. I know it is tempting because that is exactly what they are doing to you, if you say you are on the right. Me? I am not on the right. I like to quote Reagan on that: There is no right or left, only up and down. Up to the ultimate in freedom consistent with order in a civilized society, or down to the ant hill of tyranny.

You see, the real choice is between freedom and tyranny. Don't get caught up in demonizing the opposition. It causes you to trust ideology, which I have stated before, I think this makes you stupid. Step away from this and continue to reason with the opposition until they force you to respond in kind with force. Until then, refrain from any suggestion that you may be thinking of this. In this video, it goes just a little too far.

No comments: