Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weirded out

According to the pageview stats, my blog is losing popularity.  That's pretty hard to believe because it wasn't popular in the first place.  It's amusing to me actually.  I think the blog is better than ever, but for the people who should agree, they think otherwise.  Very amusing, actually.  Not that I care that much about it, but it is kinda weird.

Maybe people don't like good stuff.  Maybe they prefer crap.  I don't know.  It seems like our culture is turning to crap because that is all people are interested in.  I know that to tell people that they are wrong is bad form, but really.  If people are going to stick their noses in the crapper, they better to be prepared to stink.  When it comes to the way things are going, I think things stink these days.  All I am doing is to try to take away the some of the stink, but evidently people prefer the stench.

I wrote that I didn't want my blog to suck.  But I don't think it sucks.  I never did think that it sucked.  But I was keeping an open mind to show that I wanted to improve my blog so that it wouldn't suck.  But to tell other people that they are the ones who suck- it's not a good idea.  Then, they will definitely think you suck.  No, now I am thinking that the world out there sucks.  Fine with me.  The world has always sucked.  I still believe that conditions are getting better, but the world is challenging my belief about that lately.

Something else occurred to me.  I might have something good here even though it may be very small.  For those who do appreciate my blog, thank you.  I don't want to be ungrateful.  But for the rest who don't, well, to borrow a phrase: "kiss my grits."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google sucks. There is nothing wrong with your blog. The material is aimed at what must be a small audience. Space and space travel does not appeal to modern Americans. I base that statement on the continuing shrinkage of NASA and the bastardization of the remnants of that once glorious institution.Our generation went to the moon, this generation is content to howl at it. I enjoy your blog and mention it whenever I meet someone I think would appreciate it.

Greg said...

Well, I may as well use this as an opportunity to disclose that I am considering moving this blog off Blogger. It may be "free" but it isn't what I call "fair".

I don't want to be ungrateful. So once again to anyone who does read this blog, thanks for your support.

At the moment, I am reading something that may at least begin to explain why there is so little interest in space. The government has seen fit to limit incentives for anyone to be interested in it. It has adopted the principle of the commons, which is exactly the wrong thing to do. Space should not be collectively owned. It should be private because nobody can ever own it anyway.