Thursday, May 12, 2022

Somewhat out of character type of post



It's not completely out of character, but it is somewhat out of character. On the other hand, it is completely IN character in one respect. The thing that I'm getting at is this question: What do you do about people who pretend to be on your side, but aren't really?

There is a problem with insincerity, and I know all about it. I've had to work on it, and get it out of my system. It's been a life-long process I tell you. So when I see liberals talking their usual crap, I see something that I might have done once myself. I'd like to think I've gotten over that. Well, I have this theory about a leopard not being able to shed his spots. Something that reaches deep inside is pretty hard to fetch out. This insincerity thing is pretty damned hard to get rid of. You can't bleach out the spots, you know what I mean Vern?

The thing today is the falsity that surrounds us all. It all comes down to insincerity. So you get the likes of Nancy Pelosi saying that she supports the Constitution while she walks all over it, and runs it through the shredder. It isn't just Pelosi and her gang, it's just about everybody in DC. The rot runs pretty deep, and it is all about not being who you claim to be. Pelosi and her gang is just but one example. It is some commonplace that it is EVERYWHERE. I think Pelosi knows it too. She is said to be sauced up a lot of the time. Anybody who needs refuge in mind altering substances like alcohol and drugs has something to escape from. It is usually their own horrible selves.

Another example is those who laud Ronald Reagan, but call themselves right-wing. Well, as I understand it, "right-wing" and conservatism don't go together. If they liked Reagan so much, they'd know that. But this isn't about just people at the top. It is also about people EVERYWHERE.

The insincerity can morph directly into flat out dishonesty. There are people who think being dishonest is SMART. Their whole lives seem to revolve around how they can screw somebody out of something. They think that makes them smart, and an honest person is just DUMB. I've come to think of that as an antisocial attitude. We have a whole bureaucracy and political class who do nothing but lie their way through their days. Everything is a freaking scam for these people. So they justify themselves by their constant jive ass ways. It's how they define themselves. But I want to set myself apart from such people. Yet, for all too many, that's DUMB.

We have way too many people like that in this culture now, and it is killing us. If you want to see something DUMB, then look at THAT. It's really dumb to swallow the Kool Aid that will kill you.

Our culture has sunk to the bottom, and yet there are people who think that is ENLIGHTENED.

I see that and it seems like it is everywhere. Sometimes there are good things, though. I try to think of only those things. Those are the good things. The rest is for the birds.

No comments: