Sunday, March 20, 2022

Off-grid post, 3-20-22



The power module set up is on track to be complete in a few days. After the screw-up mentioned previously, a change of plans was in order.

Crossing the wires did foul it up, or so the voltmeter indicates. No way to take it apart without really tearing it up completely. It cannot be returned, so maybe there's nothing to lose by trying. At any rate, it couldn't be used. It doesn't work. Just to be sure, I rigged up a test mechanism that put a load on the battery. I have a 24 volt charger that restored it to same voltage as before. I did this twice. The battery is in good order, and the wiring seems adequate.

One thing I got out of this experiment was the techique of shrink-wrapping the wiring connections. It seems that before that I would use other techniques. This seems to work well.

From time to time, I'll do some advance planning on the next leg of this project. That one would be a big one. The next idea is to become self-reliant in terms of electricity. The water part has been mastered, and this biggie could be close to being mastered. The last two big picture items are construction and raising food. I've already taken stabs at those, but those skills aren't up to snuff.

It's coming along slowly. That's all for now.

No comments: