Friday, May 10, 2019

Napoleon Hill on Accurate Thinking

Perhaps there are many who do not know who Napoleon Hill was.

Who he is may not be all that important.  It is more important to think rightly and correctly.

I found this video on a search.  It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it is worth watching.  The thing that I was looking for was a story about Al Capone.  Hill interviewed Capone while he was in prison. He asked Capone why he lived the life of crime that he did.  Capone answered "I had to".

Hill's response to that was a gem of wisdom that I will never forget.  He said that necessity never forces you to become dishonest.  A light went off in my head.  It is a choice!  You choose to become dishonest or honest, if that is what you really want.  Necessity cannot force you to do anything at all.  Necessity is the mother of invention, or the father of crime.  It is what you choose to do in the time of necessity that makes you who you are.

Well, anyway, here's the video.  Perhaps it may be helpful somehow.




No comments: