Monday, April 22, 2019

Reading the Mueller Report

Updated:

4.22.19:

Dershowitz says Mueller got the law of obstruction wrong.  Actually, I got the impression that they are attempting to remove the president on purely political grounds, and are using the legal system as a pretext in order to make it seem nonpolitical.

In any case, this should not be allowed.


4.21.19:

The Report is divided into two volumes.  Volume I is about Russian collusion.   Volume II is about obstruction of justice.

Obstruction of justice is a catch-all, in my opinion.  It is ripe for abuse by an over-zealous prosecutor.  In the hands of a political adversary, the only thing that can protect the individual is public support.  In the end, it comes down to politics.

It has been my opinion that this case involved an abuse of power, whereby the political actors decided to use the judicial system in order to bring about a political result.  Somehow, this must be stopped so something like this cannot happen again.

If nothing is done to stop this, these people will not quit this.  Even though no conspiracy was found, they want to continue under the obstruction of justice fig leaf for as long as Trump is president, and even after he leaves.  Not only against the president, but against all of his supporters.

This concludes my writing on the subject for now.  I don't know if I will write any more.  It seems like I called it on day one.  It is a Scooter Libbey redux.  This kind of weapon needs to be taken out of their hands.


4.20.19:

Something hit me just now as I was reading this thing.  The thing is that the Democrats are to blame for their own problems, even if the Russians DID hack their emails.

It's because of poor security practices.  I discussed this problem during the election of 2016.  So, they spent all this money and all this time, and they still want to blame Trump for it.  There is no wonder that they lost the election.  Indeed, you wonder why they even win at all.  It must be because the public is so dumbed down that they don't get it.  Or that the GOP is so weak of an opposition party that they cannot exploit this weakness.  If the Russians did it, as Mueller claims, it is the Democrats' own damned fault.

For example, it is poor security practice to put sensitive information on the "cloud".  Sensitive information should be closely held, but this is not.

GRU is Russian intelligence
The Mueller Report is more of an indictment of the DNC than it is of Trump.  This is being generous.  I am sure that it is a lot worse for the DNC than this.

There is plenty more, but it doesn't impress me.  Actually, what worries me is the total lack of competence in our government.  Mueller isn't very good, or he is corrupt, or both.


No comments: