Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Don Surber: Trump lied. People died laughing.

Comment:

Not really, I can't back that up.  But not much seemed to happen.  No emergency, just a canned speech, or so I have heard.  I didn't watch it myself.  Speeches aren't my bag, baby.

The thing might go down to this:  Trump will fight Congress, and they will either support him or they won't.   If they don't, and override his veto, he can declare an emergency and build it.  If the courts stop him, then what can he do? 

Maybe that is how it will play out.  Who knows?  I think that the shutdown should continue until they get it sorted out.  Hopefully, Trump sticks to it until they have an actual vote on a bill to reopen the government.  We need to have these people on record, and that includes Trump himself.



No comments: