Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Obligatory, 9.11.18


Running low on data.  I can post sparingly through the rest of the period, which
is about eight or nine days.

Doing mostly housekeeping stuff around here.  Also, maybe some navel gazing.

Putting it another way, I am taking stock of my situation, and thinking forward
a bit.

As for the navel gazing, I recall a self-improvement technique of writing down
some "virtues" that were meant to correct some faults.  Each day you were
supposed to write down what you did wrong, and think about ways to correct this.

As a matter of fact, I do this anyway.  However, it isn't directed at myself
personally.  When it does get to that, I call it "navel gazing".

So, as an example, I have a fault of being disorganized.  This actually fits into
a category of the seven deadly sins.  Of which "sloth" is one of them. Sloth or
something like it.  In my case, I am a sloppy, disorganized, and careless person.

After 2 years in this trailer, I still don't know where I put everything.  Things
get lost or misplaced on a frequent basis.

Legendary coach Bear Bryant was said to have taught that you should work on your
weaknesses until they become strengths.

Am I still disorganized, relatively speaking?  Probably.

Also been looking at budget situation.  Also 911 anniversary.  Now I am getting
pissed again.  If I didn't spend so much time getting pissed about this stupid-
ass, chicken-poop politicians, maybe something might get done around here.


No comments: