Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Obligatory, 12.14.17

Updated, 12.20.17


The trailer has been assembled, except for the wiring.  I am waiting on that for
a couple reasons.

In the meantime, my data should be high speed again soon, and I will resume posting.
The phone company is slow to update the thing to show that I have paid for the
new data.  I suspect that they are doing this deliberately in order to get me to
make a new purchase.



Updated, 12.15.17:

Almost done with assembling the trailer.  I should emphasize that this whole
idea is pretty tentative.  I haven't decided to do anything with it at all.

With it assembled, I would have to do something with it.  Maybe sell it.

the original post follows:

Nearly out of data.  This will have to be short.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the 5x8 trailer has some renewed interest for me.
Yesterday, I partially assembled the trailer. As of yet, it isn't a commitment.  If
I decide to build it out, then that would be a commitment.

What I'd like to do is to use it for traveling.  If I can obtain the incinerating
toilet, I could make the trailer into a rolling bathroom.  I could pull it with the
van, and build out the van as a sleeper and a small galley for cooking meals.

Thus, I may be all set up for living on the road, so to speak.

An idea is to put the car into a storage location in El Paso.  When I wanted to
work, I would go into town, get a parking spot for the trailer.  Then drive over,
and get the car.  Work as much as I wish, then put the car back into storage.  Drive
back to the trailer, hitch her up, and go home.

I could practice the idea in this place before leaving for parts west.

No comments: