Monday, March 27, 2017

Obligatory, 3.27.17

Back to the grind.  The treatment is scheduled for late afternoon, so I have all day to prepare for the day ahead.

While doing so, I have given some thought to what happens afterwards, if all goes well.  Naturally, I would like to get back to my moonshot, which is my off-the-grid project.

I have been going back and forth on what I might do out there.  There's little margin for error, so I have to be careful with what I do.  On the other hand, I would like to actually get something done out there.  It has been almost three years, and there's still nothing out there.

There has been one attempt, and that did not end well.  I could build upon that experience, but there is still the risk of error because it isn't a proven method.  Or, I could play it safe and rely on the tried and true.  Or, I could split the difference and make something that is somewhat risky, but a plan b on deck if things don't go well.

The plan b is keeping my living arrangements as is.  The downside is that it is a very long distance from where the construction needs to take place.  Plan b could involve moving closer in, but not on the property itself.

Okay, I also need to keep in mind that my priority now is to get well.  So, let's not get carried away with the future.  This speculation stops here for now.

Each day I make a plan for the day.  I need a plan because I have found that make more mistakes when I don't have one.  I need to be efficient because my stamina is limited right now.  I get tired rather easily.  As of the moment, there is no plan for my activities today.  I will get on that as soon as I finish this post.

One goal is to get more familiar with this area.  On each outing outside my cave, I will try to learn something new about this strange place.  For example, I know where the nearest post office is now.  I discovered that over the weekend.  I know where the bank is.   I know where to get groceries.  I know where the restaurants are, if I want to eat out for a change.  And so on and so forth.  Still haven't found a washateria, but I googled where there are supposedly a bunch of them.  I could do that today, for example.

The trouble with these forays is that they tax my limited stamina, so let's not get carried away.

Lastly, I could mention how I am doing.  Nothing dramatic has happened.  In fact, there is a temptation to think nothing is happening at all.  The treatment is so mild that it is almost as if nothing is happening.  However, something is indeed happening because I can hear it going on all around me when I am getting treatment.  The thing is that I cannot see what is going on.  I have to lie down face first, so I cannot see a thing.  No need for anesthetic, as it is not painful in the slightest.  In fact, a dental appointment is more uncomfortable than what this is.  It is a piece of cake, cross my fingers.

So, there's that.  What else?  Just feeling about the same and hoping for better days ahead.  With that, I will close down this post and get busy for the day.  Until later.



No comments: