Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Impressions of the debate

As of this writing, which is before noon, I hadn't read anything about the debate last night.  This is my impressions without the filter of other opinions.

Number one, the moderator tried to ask tough questions of Trump in order to make him look bad.  All in all, I think Trump handled it well.  However, it made Hillary look a lot better than she deserved.  Trump would have had to be perfect in order to overcome it all and look even close to looking good.  He had to overcome that and he did reasonably well with it, in my opinion.

Number two, Hillary managed to keep her feet for the entire debate, as far as I can tell.  This has to be a win for her given her recent news.

Number three, she tried to make Trump look bad, but failed.

Bottom line:  Trump survives, but gains nothing much from this debate.  He didn't lose much either.


No comments: